Are you tired of walking through your home and tripping over cardboard boxes? Do you struggle to find room in your closet or attic for seasonal clothing and supplies? Are you looking to make extra space in your home, but don’t want to spend too much money on furniture? If so, it may be time to invest in some quality storage furniture.
Storage furniture can be used to store old or rarely used items, while still providing you with the kind of decor you desire in your home. The following guide will help you purchase the best storage furniture possible!
Things To Keep in Mind
Before you begin shopping for storage furniture, it’s important to know exactly what you need. Our guide will help you determine how much storage space you need and what kind of storage will work best in your home. Here are a few things you should consider before buying any type of storage furniture -
- - What is my budget?
- - How much storage do I need?
- - Where will I be placing my furniture?
- - How often do I plan on accessing my items?
- - Are there any extra features that would make using my furniture easier (e.g., open shelving)?
- - Is it worth spending more money on higher-quality pieces that may last longer or hold up better over time?
- - Will I be moving soon, or is my home permanent?
The answers to these questions can help narrow down your options when shopping for new storage furniture.
For example, if you’re looking for inexpensive bookshelves with no frills, then a wooden cabinet might be a good option. But if you have kids who play sports and have lots of trophies, then metal cabinets might be a better choice because they can withstand more wear and tear than wood cabinets. If accessibility is an issue, then pull-out drawers might not be ideal because they take longer to access than open shelves or cabinets with doors.
And if you’re planning on living in your home forever, then investing in higher-quality storage furniture could save you money in the long run by lasting longer.
What’s Hot in Storage Now
More and more people are looking for ways to minimize clutter in their homes. With storage furniture, homeowners can have an extra closet or drawer that can hold their jackets, gloves, winter hats and boots, kids’ toys, or anything else they want out of sight. There are many types of storage furniture available today, from cabinets and shelving units to chests and dressers. If you’re thinking about adding some extra space to your home, check out these popular styles.
Look for a TV stand for storage
When searching through your television stand options, be sure to look for a piece that offers plenty of space. Even if you do not plan on utilizing all of it now, buying something spacious will allow you more room as you add more furniture in future years. Don’t forget about additional storage pieces beyond your television stand, such as media cabinets and bookcases. Media cabinets can serve not only as a housing unit for your DVDs and CDs but also give you storage space.
A wardrobe is a timeless piece of furniture that can be used as a storage unit or simply as an extra clothing rack. With their sleek and minimalist design, wardrobes are also efficient pieces that don’t take up too much space in your home, making them suitable for small apartments. The versatility of wardrobe designs allows you to add these pieces anywhere in your house: while they are most commonly used in bedrooms, they can also be installed in living rooms or dining rooms.
Go for a chest of drawers
A chest of drawers is a versatile storage unit. It can be placed in almost any room in your home and will give you ample room for storage of clothes, accessories, shoes, and more. Having a chest of drawers helps keep your clothing organized so you can quickly locate items when needed.
Add bedside tables
If you’re going for more of a minimalist approach in your bedroom, consider adding on some bedside tables. These are usually slim tables that are kept beside your bed to free up space. These can be used as additional storage space for books, video games, or even an alarm clock.
How to Decide on Space Saving Pieces
You don’t want to invest in the furniture you aren’t going to use. When choosing furniture, take into account that your taste and lifestyle will probably change over time. Make sure there’s some flexibility in what you buy—that it can grow and shrink with your family as needed.
Tips and Tricks on Finding Carts and Shelving
A storage system is more than just a place to put your items. It can help you save money and create extra space in your home, so it’s important to choose something that fits into your lifestyle and existing space as seamlessly as possible. Below are some tips to choose the best option:
- If you don’t have much space in your room, consider using a cart with wheels instead of traditional shelving. Carts allow you to move them around when needed and will free up floor space for other things. They also take up less visual space because they aren’t permanent fixtures like shelves would be.
- When shopping for a bookcase, look at multiple styles before making your decision. There are many different types of bookshelves available—you may find one that fits your style better than another. Just remember to think about how you plan on using it—will you be storing books on it? Will you use it to display decorative items? Think about what you want out of your new furniture piece before deciding on a specific design.
- Consider where you’ll be placing your furniture pieces before buying them. You want to make sure they will fit comfortably within their designated area without taking up too much space or getting in anyone’s way.
Join us on Instagram to get notified of an instant new collection.